Spicy Peanut Noodles
A quick and easy spicy peanut noodle dish for your busy weeknight needs.
- Spicy Gochujang Peanut Sauce
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1-2 tablespoons of gochujang
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil (olive oil substitute works just fine)
2 tablespoons water
1/2 lime, squeezed
- Pasta + Veggies
6 oz Fettuccine Noodles
1 small bunch Baby Broccoli or Broccoli Rabe
1-2 tablespoons oil for sautéing
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup shredded red cabbage
- Bring salted water to a boil, cook pasta (10-12 minutes). Strain and set aside. No need to reserve any pasta water here.
- In a medium bowl, add peanut butter, gochujang, brown sugar, soy sauce, oil, water and lime juice. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat oil. Add broccoli and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Stir sauce into broccoli. Allow sauce to thicken for 1-2 minutes.
- Add shredded carrots, red cabbage and pasta to skillet. Mix to combine.
- Top with peanuts, sliced basil, lime wedges and enjoy 🙂
- A Note on Servings: Everyone eats different amounts according to their body’s needs and desires – this recipe is estimated for 2-3 servings.
- Adapted from Bon Appetit Magazine’s Gochujang noodles.