This Roasted Sweet Potato Corn and Black Bean Salad was inspired by the post-barbecue weekend feeling that leaves you wanting something fresh, easy and filling. The recipe features household staple ingredients such as: canned black beans, fresh, frozen or canned sweet corn, and sweet potatoes. If using a tougher green, such as kale, this salad can keep for 2-3 days. Top with queso fresco, avocado, cilantro and maybe even some mango for a bit of sweetness.
Viola! You’ve got all your macronutrient needs covered in this Roasted Sweet Potato Corn and Black Bean Salad (sweet potatoes = starchy carb, black beans = protein, avocado = fats). Perfect for a filling weekday lunch.
- 1 bunch of kale, arugula, romaine or your favorite greens
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced, seasoned, and roasted
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- Queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- Sweet corn – fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Cilantro Lime dressing
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Peel and dice sweet potatoes, coat in olive oil and season with your favorite spices: chili powder, salt, pepper, cayenne, etc.
- Dice mango and avocado. Crumble the queso fresco.
- Drain black beans and corn (if using canned). For fresh corn – cook in a large pot of boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Carefully cut corn off the cob in a downward stroke.
- Prepare the cilantro lime dressing.
- In a large bowl combine your desired amount of greens, beans, corn, sweet potatoes, mango and avocado. Top with salad dressing, cheese and cilantro
Bon Appetit my loves!