Protection of Personal Information, Use of Information and Security
Commitment to the Protection of Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and others with whom we do business. Personal Information shall be dealt with in accordance with applicable privacy legislation in the jurisdictions in which she carries on business.
Your privacy is important to us. We will not share any personally identifiable information with anyone for any reason without your explicit consent and will keep it confidential, except as required by law. Consent may be expressed in writing or implied, and in some cases, it may be provided verbally, electronically, or through an authorized representative, provided such representative has the appropriate written authorization to do so. You can withdraw your consent to the further use of your Personal Information at any time, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions, and upon reasonable notice to us. Upon request, we will explain to the individual any implications of withdrawing consent.
What Information is Collected
We may collect the following Personal Information from you: identifying information such as name, date of birth, employment details, contact information such as home address, home and mobile phone numbers and email address, health information including current and past medical history, and any new health information, financial information, such as bank account and credit card details and information about your lifestyle and lifestyle interests (for example, sporting interests). We will only collect information that is reasonably necessary to provide appropriate services. We may also use “cookies” to collect certain information from all users, including website visitors who don’t buy anything through our Website. A cookie is a string of data our system sends to your computer and then uses to identify your computer when you return to our Website. Cookies give us usage data, like how often you visit, where you go at the site, and what you do.
Use of Information
We may use your personal health information to:
- provide, coordinate, and manage your health care by one or more health care providers,
- advise and suggest health and wellness and lifestyle options
- contact you by phone, SMS, fax, e-mail, online messaging, and/or other secure messaging to book and confirm appointments, distribute health strategies, plans, reminders and notifications,
- populate your health and wellness profile and share such information with other health care providers and organizations as reasonably required to deliver her services,
- track and monitor your ongoing health and wellness,
- plan, administer and manage her programs and services contracted by you or on your behalf,
- provide you information about services you receive through her offices,
- conduct quality improvement, risk management and error management activities,
- compile anonymous, aggregated statistics, including providing personal health information to an organization or government body for the purpose of health system planning,
- obtain payment for your treatment and care, or
- comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
We may use a credit card or other payment processing company to bill you for goods and services. If you take part in any chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups, please be aware that any information that is disclosed through these becomes public information. You should exercise caution when disclosing Personal Information. Rosie will not sell, share, nor rent this information to any third party marketer without your express knowledge and consent as outlined in this statement.
Correcting & Updating Your Information
At any time that your personal health information is under our control, you have the right to:
- request access to your personal health information,
- request a correction to your personal health information if you believe it is inaccurate or incorrect and provide satisfactory proof to correct it, or
- complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario if you think your rights have been violated.
Upon written request, we will inform you, as best we can, using reasonable efforts, of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal health information and we will give you access to that information, within a reasonable period of time (within 60 days). We will be glad to assist you in preparing a request if you inform her that you require such assistance.
We have appropriate security measures and safeguards in place to protect your personal health information in accordance with the sensitivity of the information. We have company-wide policies and procedures in place to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held. We ensure all our employees and business partners are aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of your personal health information, and we will exercise appropriate care in the disposal and/or destruction of personal health information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information. Unfortunately, even with our data security measures in place, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information. By using our Website, you acknowledge and agree that we make no such guarantee, and that you use our Website at your own risk. We will inform you as soon as we reasonably can if there is any unauthorized access to your Personal Information.
We may upload and store parts of your personal health information to various computer applications in order to provide efficient and shareable services online. Your personal health information will not remain exclusively within Canada and may cross into the United States and other countries as the nature of accessing information online creates this inevitable possibility when accessing information outside of a virtual private network. By providing Personal Information, you are consenting to HealthCare 365 transferring parts of your personal health information onto a secure server that you will have access to online. If you have any reservation about this action, we would prefer you inform us so we can avoid placing your personal health information into this system.
If you have any questions about the security of our website, or your privacy, please contact us.